|Title:||Information Technology (IT) Coordinator|
|Reports to:||Director, Teacher Training Program Cameroon & IT
|Status:||1-year, full time contract, with possibility of renewal|
|Duty Station:||Yaounde, Cameroon|
The AIMS Teacher Training Program (TTP) in partnership with Mastercard Foundation and the government of Cameroon seeks to improve the quality of Mathematics Education in secondary schools, thereby increasing the number of students that will go into STEM related profession – especially girls. This is done through a cascade model where Master Trainers are trained by internal and external experts, and these Master Trainers equip secondary school Mathematics teachers (In-Service and Pre-Service) through blended learning (online and traditional) courses and workshops.
Reporting to the TTP Cameroon Director and to the IT Manager, AIMS-Cameroon, the IT Coordinator for TTP Cameroon will be responsible for the planning, implementation, maintenance and daily operation of networking infrastructure, servers and systems, ensuring proper functioning, upgrades, monitoring and security of the entire network and all devices attached to it. The IT Coordinator for TTP Cameroon will administer all server-related activities including setup, procurement, maintenance, monitoring, disaster recovery and business continuity planning, tuning/performance, and security. He/She will also assist in developing and deploying all TTP resources.
- Develop and maintain enterprise IT Governance Framework, SLA, policies and procedures to ensure the protection of IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information
- Install, manage, maintain, configure, monitor, repair and enhance network infrastructure, all network devices, servers
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and systems and all server related equipment
- Ensure the network (LAN, WAN, Internet Connection) and systems (Server, Router, etc.) are up and running, monitoring performance, connectivity and stability and resolving service impacts as they occur
- Capital budgets
- Ensure that all simulation labs are fully deployed and maintained 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Direct the development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Administer, monitor, troubleshoot, and document the E-learning platform and all cloud services
- Provide end-user support for Google Apps, laptops, desktop and all aspects of IT
- Provide IT training and continuous IT coaching and support to teachers during and after their training to ensure effective implementation of acquired skills in their classrooms.
- Document all changes to the client infrastructure and all procedures and processes related to desktop, installation, configuration and technical support
- Provide documentation and SLA for all services under his/her responsibility
- Assist the IT Manager Global Network on all projects as needed
- Contribute to the development and deployment of resources (Training units for teachers, mathematics courses for student)
- Work in accordance with the AIMS-Cameroon and the Next Einstein Initiative IT procedures and policies.
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years administering a server network infrastructure and computer lab environment for training or education
- 3+ years’ experience in E-learning platform and distance learning
- Experience in graphics design and processing audio-visual content is an asset
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Proven experience and ability to work hands on in a predominantly Linux/Ubuntu and Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) platform as well as Windows server and desktop operating systems;
- Good knowledge of the use of ICT for the production of resources and for the teaching of Mathematics (LMS such as Moodle, MOOC, Latex, GeoGebra, Phyton, SageMath, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Practical exposure and experience with some web development technology
- Experience working with an international NGO, an asset
- Having in addition a good mastery of mathematics, an asset
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills is essential
- Office based in Yaounde, Cameroon
- Ability and willingness to travel, both within and outside of Cameroon for periodic extended in-country stays of up to 2 weeks
- Available to work outside of normal business hours and/or weekends.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation of mathematics education in Cameroon?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote “IT Coordinator TTP-Cam” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until July 10, 2020.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-Cameroon reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer.
If this profile ticks a majority of your qualifications, please send your CV to email@example.com.