Teacher Training Program
If Africa is to gain its rightful place in the global knowledge economy and secure its economic future, significant focus must be put on increasing the quality of math and science teaching. Essential to this focus is a holistic and comprehensive approach that takes into account service delivery, partnerships with existing educational systems and the strengthening of the policy environment that supports teachers and STEM education. An effective teacher training initiative is one of the best ways to effect positive and lasting behavioural change that will contribute to an increased uptake in mathematics and sciences at a national level. The AIMS Teacher Training Program aims at raising the quality of mathematics and science education at the secondary level in Cameroon by providing teacher training and professional development courses, promoting best practices and distributing high-quality classroom resources to in-service and pre-service teachers. These efforts to improve STEM teaching will increase the transition of students to tertiary STEM education.
AIMS TTP is here to:
- improve the quality of the teaching and learning of mathematics in Cameroon;
- increase the number of qualified teachers (Female) in mathematics in Cameroon;
- increase the Number of students (girls) going for STEM education in Cameroon;
- propose different career opportunities to STEM qualified students;
- vulgarize, demystify and show the importance of mathematics