|Title:||Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
|Reports to:||AIMS – TTP Cameroon Director|
|Status:||1 year full time contract|
|Duty Station:||Limbe, Cameroon|
The AIMS Teacher Training Program (TTP) in partnership with Mastercard Foundation and the government of Cameroon seeks to improve the quality of Mathematics Education in secondary schools, thereby increasing the number of students that will go into STEM related profession – especially girls. This is done through a cascade model where Master Trainers are trained by internal and external experts and these Master Trainers equip secondary school Mathematics teachers (In-Service and Pre-Service) through blended learning (online and traditional) courses and workshops.
Reporting to the TTP Cameroon Director, and with technical guidance from the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL), the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer monitors data collection activities as well as performs primary data analysis to inform the greater TTP Program M&E framework and AIMS-NEI organizational framework, and is responsible for performance measurement and knowledge management functions in support of all training events and program activities.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will assist with the establishment of a rigorous M&E system for TTP Cameroon, ensuring timely collection, analysis and dissemination of data and information for continuous learning and improvement, and ensuring that the system is incorporated into all aspects of the program.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will assist with the delivery of high quality training to Mathematics Teachers in the English speaking sub-system of Education, as well as the production of mathematics contents. He/She will assist and advise the Director and Program Coordinator where necessary and collaborate with other program staff for the success of the training.
Responsibilities will also include Program Advocacy and Program awareness, resource production, and the maintenance and improvement of TTP course management systems and online presence.
- Work with Master Trainers to prepare training materials for the TTP training activities.
- Assist in delivering TTP training courses according to the TTP vision.
- Support trainees by:
- Ensuring they understand the material during training, tutorials, practice teaching and other sessions;
- Assisting them in designing teaching kits and teaching resources; and
- Proofreading and correcting their written work, including projects, teaching kits and resources.
- Design and develop resources for teachers so as to ensure interactive engaging lessons,
- Provide continuous coaching and support to teachers after their training to ensure effective implementation of acquired skills.
- Support development of gender sensitive teaching materials and activities.
- Recruit teachers for and organize and tutor distance learning in collaboration with the IT Officer for distance education recruited for that program.
- Disseminate resources and best practices through seminars, lectures and tutorials as well as outside of the academic environment.
- Program Advocacy and Awareness
- Perform Program advocacy activities in collaboration with the Communication Officer.
- Program Evaluation
- Carry survey among students of trained teachers to evaluate the impact of the training.
- Follow-up and produce reports on trainees’ progress and course evaluations.
- Design and oversee the implementation of data collection tools for the Program ensuring collection of accurate and timely data that is gender disaggregated and meets the Program’s information needs
- Undertake primary data analysis
- Lead Program information and knowledge management activities
- Develop and update key documents and tools such as the results framework and reporting templates
- Coordinate development of Program reports to align and comply with the reporting requirements and donor agreements
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a field related to development education, economics, mathematics, information communication technology, international development, project management, monitoring and evaluation or social sciences, or Qualified Secondary School Mathematics Teacher: DIPES 2 or any equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years’ professional experience with at least 2 years’ hands-on experience managing and or conducting monitoring, evaluation or research
- Ability to apply evaluation tools and techniques in diverse situations and scenarios
- Good knowledge of both French speaking and English speaking sub-systems of education in Cameroon
- Experience in project development and implementation
- Fluent in English and knowledge of French
- Minimum of 10 years of teaching experience and minimum of 5 years as either a mentor (HoD, trainer of Pre-Service, Inspector, or President of Maths Teacher Association)
- Very good analytical skills and ability to think independently
- Strong commitment to AIMS
- Very interested in Mathematics and Maths education
- Very good knowledge of the use of ICT for the production of resources and for the teaching of Mathematics (LMS, MOOC, Latex, GeoGebra, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Enthusiasm to work in a culturally diverse organization, ability to work with diverse range of people (trainees, trainers, staff) for the successful operation of the program.
- Expert data management skills, both qualitative and quantitative including using Excel, SPSS, SAS or other related data management and analysis software
- Appreciation of or a training in gender equity and equality will be important.
- Office based at AIMS Limbe,
- Extensive travel within Cameroon,
- Ability to tolerate working hours outside the normal work schedule.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation of mathematics education in Cameroon?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to: email@example.com (Please quote “M&E Officer, TTP-CAM” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until July 3, 2020.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-Cameroon reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer.
If this profile ticks a majority of your qualifications, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.