JOB PROFILE: Bilingual Finance Intern, AIMS-Cameroon Centre, Limbe – Cameroon
The African Institute For Mathematical Sciences seeks to hire a bilingual Finance Intern for a 06-months Internship period who will assist the center’s Finance and Human Resource Manager in the effective and efficient financial management of the AIMS Centre by performing all aspects of accounting and financial requirements in compliance with organizational financial policies, as well as statutory financial requirements, including cash flow management and cash flow forecasting; drafting of weekly, monthly & annual accounting reports or schedules; and asset inventory reporting.
- Assist the FHRM in the operations of the Center’sbank accounts andcontribute to the efficient management of the Center’s funds.
- Assist in the disbursement of cash expenditures and collect financial documentation with regards to expenditures
- Assist the line manager during the preparation of timely reports for submission to the Chief Operating Officer and Network Finance Director ensuring compliance with regards to procurement guidelines and policies.
- Forecast cash flow requirements and, in consultation with the line manager, request transfers to meet cash needs based on the approved budgets
- Ensure accurate financial data entry and filing.
- Keep track of the general balances.
- Annual Accounts & Financial Statements:
- Assist the line manager in the implementation of any recommendation(s) that are suggested in the audit report or management letter
- Prepare the draft of annual statutory accounts and make sure they are in accordance with local and international accounting standards.
- Create and support the maintenance of information on warranties, leases, maintenance, and software contract and licenses.
- Report on asset inventory and management including depreciation of key capital items.
- Perform such duties as assigned by the employer from time to time.
Perform any other work assigned from time to time without payment of additional remuneration over and above the duties associated with this position and the undertakings above.
COMPETENCIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance. Having completed part or all the examinations of any recognized Association of Chartered Accountants will be an advantage
- Hands-on experience with regulatory requirements, with particular knowledge of non-profit nuances and SYSCOHADA specificities.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications. Good knowledge of MS Excel, and experience with accounting software such as Sage ERP
- Bilingual (French and English) required.
- Must be self-directed and able to maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines while juggling multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. Ability to organize and prioritize effectively, and to work under time constraints with discretion and mature judgment.
- Must have the ability to work well with others, with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills to effectively operate in a matrix work environment
Enthusiasm to work in a culturally diverse organization
Are you ready to be part of the transformation of Mathematics Education in Cameroon?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote “Finance Intern AIMS-Cameroon” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until April 20, 2021).
Should no feedback be received from AIMS within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-Cameroon reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.