|Title:||Bilingual Communications Intern|
|Reports to:||AIMS – TTP Cameroon Director|
|Status:||1 year full time contract|
|Duty Station:||Yaoundé/Cameroon for the first intern and Limbe/Cameroon, for the second.|
The AIMS Teacher Training Program (TTP) in partnership with Mastercard Foundation and the Government of Cameroon seeks to improve the quality of Mathematics Education in secondary schools, thereby increasing the number of students that will go into STEM related profession – especially girls. This is done through a cascade model where Master Trainers are trained by internal and external experts and these Master Trainers equip secondary school Mathematics teachers (In-Service and Pre-Service) through blended learning (online and traditional) courses and workshops.
The Bilingual Communications Intern position will provide oversight for all communication activities of the Teacher Training Program and AIMS-Cameroon, including public relations and community engagement. Responsibilities include developing and implementing diverse communication plans utilizing traditional and non-traditional tactics designed to educate, engage, and inform stakeholders.
- Building Awareness
- Work with the Communications Team at AIMS Secretariat to develop and execute a communication plan designed to build and enhance the AIMS-Cameroon brand to increase enrolment.
- Plan, implement and manage promotional strategies to increase awareness of the TTP and AIMS-Cameroon.
- Write content for newsletters, success stories, press releases, and other printed material as required.
- Regularly create/update contents for the TTP platforms and AIMS Cameroon website and implement a plan to engage stakeholders through the platforms and website.
- Initiate conversations on the program on social media through forums, Twitter, online surveys and webinars.
- Coordinate and create audio visual content for the program and AIMS-Cameroon, including videos, audio and photograph
- Plan, organize and implement strategic community engagement activities (media and sensitization campaigns, roadshows, events, etc.) in line with TTP desired outcomes
- Under the supervision of the AIMS-Cameroon Centre President, forge and manage partnerships with government, public and private sector stakeholders
- Complete other tasks as assigned
Competencies & Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations and/or closely related disciplines
- Having in addition a Master is an asset
- Experience in Community Outreach with knowledge of local Cameroonian context
- Bilingual (French and English) with strong writing skills in both languages
- Knowledge of media production, communication, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) and dissemination techniques and methods including alternative ways to inform and communicate via written, oral, and visual media.
- Contacts and experience with the local and regional media required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and telephone protocol. Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and manage partnerships with private and public sector stakeholders
- Ability to work under time constraints with discretion and mature judgment
- Work well with others.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Position to be based in Yaounde for the first intern and in Limbe for the second, with frequent travel around Cameroon for both.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation of mathematics education in Cameroon?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to: email@example.com (Please quote “Bil Comms Intern TTP-CAM” in the subject line and within the motivation letter, mention if you are interested in the job location in Yaounde, Limbe or both). Applications will be accepted until July 10, 2020.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-Cameroon reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer.
If this profile ticks a majority of your qualifications, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.