|Title:||Pedagogic Advisor – French, Teacher Training Program (TTP), Cameroon|
|Reports to:||AIMS – TTP Cameroon Director|
|Status:||1 year, full time|
|Duty Station:||Yaounde, Cameroon|
The AIMS Teacher Training Program (TTP), in partnership with Mastercard Foundation and the Government of Cameroon, seeks to improve the quality of Mathematics Education in secondary schools, thereby increasing the number of students that will go into STEM-related professions – especially girls. This is done through a cascade model where Master Trainers are trained by internal and external experts and these Master Trainers equip secondary school Mathematics teachers (In-Service and Pre-Service) with the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to prepare and deliver interesting, participating, engaging, innovative, and gender sensitive mathematics lessons.
Reporting to the TTP Cameroon Director, the Pedagogic Advisor – French is responsible for the delivery of high quality training to Mathematics Teachers in the French speaking sub-system of Education. He/She will contribute to the revision and delivery of TTP curricula, as well as identify, evaluate, and classify Master Trainers, assign Master Trainers to specific Training Units during workshops to produce resources, while continuously coaching teachers throughout the duration of the Program for effective implementation of acquired skills and knowledge in the classroom. As the lead person in the program for Mathematics in the French speaking sub-system of education, he/she will be part of the pedagogical team that will work with the program staff and partners to ensure quality implementation of the program training component in mathematics so as to attain the desired objectives.
The Pedagogic Advisor French will assist and advise the Director and Program Coordinator where necessary, and collaborate with other program staff for the success of the training.
Responsibilities will also include Program Advocacy and Program awareness, including the maintenance and improvement of TTP course management systems and online presence.
- Programme Design & Delivery
- Contribute to the revision and publishing of training curricula and training manuals.
- Work with Master Trainers to prepare training materials for all TTP training activities.
- Assist in delivering TTP training courses according to the TTP vision.
- Lead an efficient training program for teachers (In-Service, Pre-Service) in Mathematics Education.
- Design and develop resources for teachers so as to ensure interactive, engaging and innovative lessons,
- Provide continuous coaching and support to teachers after their training to ensure effective implementation of acquired skills in their classrooms.
- Support development of gender sensitive teaching materials and activities.
- Support trainees by:
- Ensuring they understand the material during training, tutorials, practice teaching and other sessions;
- Assisting them in designing teaching kits and teaching resources; and
- Proofreading and correcting their written work, including projects, teaching kits and resources.
- Recruit teachers for and organize and tutor distance learning in collaboration with the IT Officer for distance education recruited for that program.
- Disseminate resources and best practices through seminars, lectures and tutorials as well as outside of the academic environment.
- Programme Advocacy and Awareness
- Help to maintain and improve the TTP course management systems and online presence.
- Perform Programme advocacy activities in collaboration with the Communication Officer.
- Programme Evaluation
- Identify, evaluate and classify trainers;
- Evaluate cluster activities in collaboration with the M&E officer;
- Evaluate trainees and identify lead teachers for the clusters and group leaders for the COP.
- Carry survey among students of trained teachers to evaluate the impact of the training in collaboration with the Monitoring and evaluation officer for the program.
- Follow-up and produce reports on trainees’ progress and course evaluations.
- Assist and advice the Director on any subject (pedagogic) needed for the success of the Program.
- Work in collaboration with other program staff for the success of the program.
- Qualified Secondary School Mathematics Teacher;
- DIPES 2 or any equivalent diploma;
- Good knowledge of both English speaking and French speaking sub–systems of education in Cameroon;
- Fluent in French and good knowledge of English;
- Minimum of 10 years of teaching Mathematics and minimum of 5 years as either a mentor (HoD, trainer of Pre-Service, Inspector, or President of Mathematics Teacher Association, Chief Examiner or an Assistant Chief Examiner for one of the Mathematics either at O/L or A/L);
- Very good communication and analytical skills and ability to think independently;
- Strong commitment to AIMS;
- Very interested in Mathematics and Mathematics Education;
- Very good knowledge of the use of ICT for the production of resources and for the teaching of Mathematics (LMS, MOOC, Latex, GeoGebra, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Enthusiasm to work in a culturally diverse organization, ability to work with diverse range of people (trainees, trainers, staff) for the successful operation of the program.
- Office based in Yaounde, Cameroon;
- Ability and willingness to travel, both within and outside of Cameroon for periodic extended stays of up to 2 weeks;
- Available to work outside of normal business hours and/or weekends.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation of mathematics education in Cameroon?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to: email@example.com (Please quote “Pedagogic Advisor TTP-Cam” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until July 10, 2020.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-Cameroon reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer.
If this profile ticks a majority of your qualifications, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AIMS-Cameroon Alumnus earns a PhD in MathematicsSeptember 24, 2020
- Aims-Cameroon Alumnus, Jake Leonard Nkeck, proposes a New Algorithm in the Field of Numerical Analysis and ComputationJuly 21, 2020
- Aims-Cameroon alumnus, Sedric Nkotto Nkung Assong, earns a PhD in Mathematics, acknowledges Aims-Cameroon for being the first step to his gloryJuly 13, 2020
- Aims-Cameroon alumnus, Noé Carème FOUOTSA MANFOUO, uses data science to contribute to the implementation of effective water resource managementJuly 13, 2020