About AIMS Research Center
AIMS Cameroon research center is located next to the building of AIMS center in Limbe, Cameroon. The center ame into existence in 2017 with the appointment of Prof Gisèle Mophou as German Research Chair in Mathematics and its Applications, supported by the Alexander von Humboldt and DAAD in collaboration with universities in Cameroon, financed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Its mission is to conduct and foster exceptional research as well as national Lab, Industry, continental, and international collaborations.
The areas of research include Mathematical Analysis, Nonlinear Analysis, Nonlocal Partial Differential Equations, Shape Optimization and Control Theory, Deep Learning and Big Data, with a broad range of application to real-world problems such as environmental pollution, coastal erosion, urban, networks, problems arising in some local companies. The center is equipped with WIFI and has an appropriate ambience for research. All the researchers are cordially invited to visit AIMS.
The AIMS-Cameroon Research Centre stimulates research by bringing researchers and students close to well-known scholars. It organizes conferences and workshops and supports a visitor program. It supports educational programs and Master programs via tutorials, summer schools, and active involvement in the Department of Mathematics of the University of Buea.
Since 2017, the research centre has welcomed more than 200 visitors to summer schools, workshops, seminars, international conferences, short research visits (1-2 weeks), and long-term research visits (2-4 weeks). The Research Centre, previously led by Prof. Gisele Mophou and presently under the care of Dr. Jean-Daniel Djida, has published more than 17 articles in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals.
For any information or to visit the research center, please write to us at email@example.com
Former Research Chair
Prof. Dr. Gisele Mophou
Dr. Jean-Daniel Djida , Postdoctoral Research Associate funded by DAAD and working in the area of Partial Differential Equations, Calculus of Variations, Optimal control theory and Shape Optimization.
1- Lionel Landry Djomegne Njoukoue, Ph.D. student funded by DAAD and working in Control Theory and its application to PDEs and Pollutions.
2- Maryse Manuella Moutamal, Ph.D. student funded by DAAD and working in Control Theory and its application to PDEs and networks.
3- Cyrille Kenne, Ph.D. student funded by IDRC and working in Control Theory and its application to Climate Change.
4- Camelle Kabiwa, Ph.D. student funded by IDRC and working in Climate Change and its impact on Babana-Plantain production.
- Partial Differential Equations, Calculus of Variations, Optimal control theory and Shape Optimization. (August 2019 – June 2022)
- Short-time regularity of nonlocal evolution equations. (January 2021 – June 2021)
- Nonlocal PDEs: Modeling, Analysis, and Numerical Analysis. (January 2020 – August 2021).
- Constrained Optimization and Deep Learning using Fractional Calculus. (January 2020 – February 2022).
- Control, Identification, Design and Shape Optimization. (July 2020 – June 2022).
- Fractional differential operators for features detection and identification in networks. (September 2019 – December 2020)
- Control Theory and its application to Climate Change. (September 2019 – December 2022)
- Jean-Daniel Djida, Arran Fernandez, Iván Area. Well-posedness results for fractional semi-linear wave equations. Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems – B, 2020, 25 (2) : 569-597 (https://www.aimsciences.org/)
- Gisèle Mophou, Kéré, M and L.L.D Njoukoué. Robust hierarchic control for a population dynamics model with missing birth rate. Math. Control Signals Syst 32, 209–239 (2020). (https://link.springer.com/)
- Cyrille Kenne, G. Leugering, and Gisèle Mophou. Optimal control of a population dynamics model with missing birth rate, SIAM J. Control Optim., 58 (2020), pp. 1289-1313 (https://epubs.siam.org/doi/)
- Jean-Daniel Djida and, and Gisèle Mophou. Optimal control of diffusion equation with missing data governed by Dirichlet fractional Laplacian, (submitted).(https://arxiv.org/pdf/1809.00917.pdf.)
- Arran Fernandez and Jean-Daniel Djida. Fractional differential relations for the Lerch zeta function, (submitted, 2020).(https://arxiv.org/abs/2006.)
- Jean-Daniel Djida. Time-optimal control of the Bagley-Torvik problem, (submitted, 2020).
- Christian Maxime Steve Oumarou, Hafiz Muhammad Fahad, Jean-Daniel Djida and, Arran Fernandez. On fractional calculus with analytic kernels with respect to functions, (submitted, 2020) (https://arxiv.org/abs/2101.03892).
- Jean-Daniel Djida and, Arran Fernandez. Weighted Norm Inequalities for the Fractional Integral with General Analytic Kernels, (submitted, 2021).
- Jean-Daniel Djida, Arran Fernande, Hafiz Muhammad Fahad, and Christian Maxime Steve Oumarou. Subordination principle for a class of fractional differential equation with general analytic kernels, (submitted, 2021).
- Jean-Daniel Djida, Guy F. Foghem Gounoue, and Yannick Kouakep Tchaptchie. A global in time parabolic equation for symmetric Lévy operators, (submitted, 2021) (https://arxiv.org/abs/2102.07278).
- Jean-Daniel Djida, Gisele Mophou, and Mahamadi Warma. Optimal control of mixed local-nonlocal parabolic PDE with singular boundary-exterior data , (submitted, 2021). (https://arxiv.org/abs/2102.09339)
Dr. Jean-Daniel Djida, Postdoctoral Research Associate , AIMS-Cameroon Research Center,
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In May 2018, we will welcome Prof. Dr. Ousseynou Nakoulima from Université de Ouaga 3S, in Burkina Faso. He is a specialist of Optimal control. During his stay we will have a workshop on problems with incomplete data.
- From the 1-10 June 2018, we will welcome Berrabah Fatima Zohra, PhD student in Mathematics of the Université Djillali Liabes in Algeria. She works on fractional differential equations.
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is offering to AIMS-Cameroon research center 2 PhD contracts for research program in Mathematics. Application submission and further information can be found in HERE